Friday 26 June 2009

Inversion


Hi everybody,

In this ocassion, I did the invertions homework. To be honest, it wasn't easy to do but I tried to do the best.

Exercises:

2 You very rarely come across anyone nowadays who hasn’t been abroad. (Very rarely)
Very rarely you come across anyone nowadays who hasn't been abroad.

3 You can only really learn a language by living in a country where it is spoken. (Only by)
Only by living in a country where a language is spoken, can you learn it.

4 Tourists should not be allowed to visit the Antarctic under any circumstances. (Under no circumstances)
Under no circumstances should tourists be allowed to visit the Antarctic.

5 You won’t truly know what good food is until you’ve tried French cuisine. (Not until)
Not until you have tried French cuisine will you truly know what good food is.

6 I hated visiting monuments as a child and I couldn’t stand going into museums. (Not only)
Not only did I hate visiting monuments as a child but also I couldn't stand going into museums.

7 I’ve only recently started going on holiday without my parents. (Only recently)
Only recently have I started going on holiday without my parents.

8 I’ll never go back to the place I went to last year on holiday! (Never again)
Never again will I go back to the place I went to last year on holiday!

Inversion 3

Imagine you have just spent a disappointing fortnight in a Caribbean ecotourism hotel. Write five sentences complaining about different aspects of your stay. Bering each sentences with one of the following:
At no time, Not once, Only when, Not until, Hardly, No sooner, Not Only, Nowhere, Never again.

1 Nowhere gave us The Caribbean ecotourism the great welcome.
2 At no time came the service on time to give us our breakfast.
3 Never again will I come back to this hotel for being cheaper than other.
4 Not once were their waiter impolite, it happened during all our demurrage in the hotel.
5 Not until we recieve a good answer about the dirty bedroom are not going we pay my hotel stay.


No comments:

Post a Comment